Course outline and syllabus
This would be useful for quick offline reference. You can download and keep a copy with you.DOWNLOAD
Six Sigma Black Belt (SSBB) certification focuses on testing students on their comprehensive understanding of the various Six Sigma tools and techniques. The objective of the online value added course (complementary with certification exam) is to develop a comprehensive knowledge base that helps students to function effectively as a Six Sigma Black Belt in various projects. The tools and techniques cover both quantitative and non-quantitative analysis along with other necessary knowledge to improve the production process and minimize defects in the end product with a greater focus on the practical implementation of these tool and techniques in the organization.
This course focuses on enabling the student not only to be able to relate Six Sigma concepts to the overall business mission and objectives, but also be able to define, present and manage six sigma projects.
When you apply for this certification course, you will get access to a free online course.
6sigmastudy™'s online live proctored exams allow you to take your certification exams from the comfort of your home using a webcam and a reliable internet connection. You will receive your exam results immediately after you have submitted your completed exam.
125 questions per exam
No negative marks for wrong answers
180 minutes duration
Proctored online exam
Upon successful completion of the exam you will get an online certificate. Your name will be added to the 6sigmastudy™ Certification Registry. You can add the certificate to your LinkedIn profile.
If you are unable to pass the exam, you can schedule again and take a maximum of two Free Exam Retakes.
The cost of exam is included in the course fee.
A 6sigmastudy™ certificate should be renewed within three calendar years of its issue date. As the Six Sigma field is maturing, it is important for practitioners to be abreast of current and latest innovations in the field.
A student can renew his/her certificate in the following ways:
- Recertification examination: A Recertification exam is not as extensive as the Certification exam and consists of only half the exam questions. A student can pass the Recertification exam with just a few hours of study.
- 6sigmastudy™ certification examination: A student passing any other 6sigmastudy™ certification exam implies that he/she has reviewed the latest concepts from the 6sigmastudy™ online course and fulfils the criteria for maintaining certification.
60 questions per exam
No negative marks for wrong answers
90 minutes duration
Online unproctored exam
2 free retakes
Current pass rate: 99.6%
Note: Includes access to the Six Sigma Black Belt - Recertification online course for 3 months.
This course is for employees and organizations requiring a standardized approach to problem solving for the purpose of continuous improvement. This includes:
- Project Managers
- Software Professionals
- Business Analysts
- Business Managers
There is no formal prerequisite for this certification. However, it is recommended that the students undertake the Six Sigma Green Belt Course (SSGB) to better understand the concepts required to be certified in Six Sigma Black Belt (SSBB) certification exam.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge about the tool and techniques, advantages and challenges of the Six Sigma methodology
- Apply DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) and various Six Sigma tools in process and quality improvement
- Communicate using Six Sigma concepts
- Assess and manage project risks
- Avoid pitfalls in implementing Six Sigma
- Be armed with the proper tools to address, resolve and take the lead on production issues in their organizations