Course outline and syllabus
This would be useful for quick offline reference. You can download and keep a copy with you.DOWNLOAD
This ITIL Intermediate Service Operation (SO) training course is one of the key qualifications within ITIL Service Lifecycle training and proves your ability to enable responsive, stable, and repeatable IT service delivery. The ITIL framework sets internationally recognized benchmarks for IT professionals.
Your exam voucher fee is included in the price of this course. However, you must procure the exam voucher within six months from the date of course purchase. Exam vouchers are valid for 1 year from the date of issuance.
To be able to unlock the course certificate, you must complete 85% of the course.
To be eligible for taking ITIL Intermediate SO examination, the candidate must fulfill the following requirements:
- Undertake at least 21 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution) for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course.
- A basic IT literacy and approximately two years IT experience are highly desirable.
- Hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (or other appropriate earlier ITIL and bridge qualifications).
- It is also recommended that candidates complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the ITIL Service Operation publication in preparation for the examination, specifically Chapter 2: Service Management as a Practice.
The exam format is as follows:
Multiple choice exam
8 questions per page
Duration of 90 minutes
Closed book format
28 correctly-answered questions out of 40 required to pass (70%)
The target group for the ITIL Intermediate SO Certificate includes, but is not limited to, Chief Information Officers (CIOs), Chief Technology Officers (CTOs), IT managers and supervisory staff, team leaders, service designers, IT architects, IT planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, and IT security managers.
Candidates appearing for the course must hold:
- Earlier ITIL (V2) Foundation plus Foundation Bridge
- ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management (achieved via Service Manager or Practitioner bridging routes).
Basic IT literacy and approximately two years of IT experience are highly desirable. Applicants should hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (or other appropriate earlier ITIL and bridge qualifications). Candidates should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the ITIL Service Operation publication in preparation for the examination (specifically Chapter 2: Service Management as a Practice).
Professionals involved in the management of IT service operations will benefit from the ITIL Intermediate SO certification. This SO training course focuses on IT governance, risks, budgets, and strategic assets. You will gain service operation expertise during the strategy, design, and transition phases as you get prepared for the ITIL SO exam.